Saturday, July 14, 2007

Blogging away!

For a long time, I wanted to create a web site with some articles that reflected my thoughts on database and J2EE. During the 15 odd years of my experience in the software industry, I have realized that there is a huge gap between the middle tier folks in Java and the database folks (or the backend folks.) In fact my book - Expert Oracle JDBC Programming - was largely inspired by my desire to fill this gap for Java developers who develop Oracle-based applications. Although most of my industry experience has been in developing Oracle-based applications, during the last 2 years or so, I have had the opportunity to work with MySQL and SQL Server databases as well. This has given me a somewhat unique perspective on developing Java applications that use database (a pretty large spectrum of applications.)

This blog will contain my opinions on this largely controversial subject (think database-independence for example), on good practices related to Java/J2EE and database programming (Oracle, MySQL and SQL Server). From time to time, it will also include any other personal ramblings I may choose to add.

Feel free to give comments on any of my posts here.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

Eric Colson said...

Looking forward to it.
-e

geetha said...

Ecorptrainings.com provides J2EE in hyderabad with best faculties on real time projects. We give the best online trainingamong the J2EE in Hyderabad. Classroom Training in Hyderabad India

Sandeep SEO said...

Nice thought's given on blog on database and J2EE thank you..................The Erptree Online Training Institute for giving great training on Oracle Fusion Financials Training.

Rajesh said...

I really enjoyed this posting in which you share a valuable post. Thanks for sharing it.
Oracle Fusion HCM Training Institutes in Hyderabad

shakunthala said...

nice information!
great effort.
keep sharing
best training institute in bangalore

Anonymous said...

Nice article please do visit my website for j2ee java training